Friday, January 27, 2012

FO Friday - The Thuja Edition

I'm going to be a little bit of a cheater and show yall some FOs that I finished right before Christmas.  My super secret gift to my SO this year was a pair of handknit socks.  I knit these men's size 11 socks in two days. Really, two days! Thuja is a great pattern for a quick pair of socks, its amazing to just watch them grow.

The SO loved them so much, he even let me take pictures of his new socks on his feet! I made his pair out of two skeins of Berraco Vintage I had leftover in the stash. The SO has declared them super comfy.

I loved making his pair so much, that I could stop and cast on a pair for myself. First time using Malabrigo Rios. *Gush* It's SO CUSHIE!!! These are my new favorite house socks and they were done so fast!




Want more beautiful finished knitted and crocheted items? Make sure to check out Tamis Amis!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Especially the lovely socks you made yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks! I enjoyed seeing both pairs in the same post. I do hope that is not really cheating as I still have Christmas presents to post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are wonderful. Enjoy your warm feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have a skein of the same Malabrigo---is that the Solis colourway (the second pair)? Anyway, both pairs of these socks are gorgeous, and so comfy-wonderful looking. I can't believe you knit them up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You called it! The colorway is Solis. The greens are even more beautiful in person than I could capture with the camera.

      Delete
  5. Love your socks especially, second pairs colours, and a great length. Nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh! gorgeous!
    i am amazed and awed that you knit a pair of men's size11 socks in 2 days!! you should win an award for that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...