Monday, August 16, 2010

WIPS talk and a happy hat

There is nothing I hate more than public speaking. Period. However, I'm still required to do it.

This friday I'm be giving my first Works-In-Progress talk for my department, and I have very little data to show. As a newly third year graduate student, I required to give a WIP for not only my department, but also for my program, and for a collaborator WIP that my boss does once a month. That's three hour long talks a year, not counting poster presentations.

So to keep my mind off of public speaking, I made a hat.

Bfhat1
Eric with his new hat.
IMAG0110

I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes and the pattern A Hat Fit For a Boyfriend By Stephanie Nicole. Eric seems to like it so far! It's a very quick knit, made in less than a week in the few hours I was at home. I did have a few modifications, I cast on an extra 20 stitches, and made it about 4 inches longer, to fit my guys head.

Hopely after this week I can post some of my longer knit WIPs that are coming along nicely. (No public speaking required!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...