Friday, September 30, 2011

Wineberry Socks

The wineberry socks are complete. The pattern is Susan Avin's Blackrose from Knittyspin Winter 2008, with a few modifications.

I cast on the sock a size higher than I needed. Then, after two repeats of the lace pattern, I did two sets of decreases in the stockinette on either side of the panel. This let the sock fit higher up on my leg since I was planning on doing additional leg repeats than what the pattern called for.

I also framed the lace panel with two purl stitches on either side to give the socks a bit more stretch.  I find if I don't add ribbing, the sock that fits over my heel tends to actually be too big around the ankle.


 

I used Dream in Color Everlasting Sock in the Color Wineberry.  (Look for a later review on this yarn for a full synopsis of my feelings towards it.) The stitch definition with this yarn is just wonderful. Now, on to what my SO calls "The Sock Pron"!

I also want to give a special shout out to the very patient man on the other side of the camera who agreed to take these pictures at 7 a.m. before I went to work. Didn't the SO do an AMAZING job? He recently started blogging, and if you're interested in firearms or bladesmithing, check him out.








For more FOs, make sure to check out Tamis Amis.


18 comments:

  1. Your socks look great, love the colour you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those socks are wonderful! I love the colour and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab - love the colour and the pattern mods you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are fantastic! The pattern looks great in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!! (and just in time for sock weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!
    i too am loving that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous, I love the colour! Perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The socks are very pretty. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful socks, and I really love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness those are stunning! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I really like how you modified the pattern to give a better fit. The color is gorgeous and your SO did a fantastic job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore those socks. The pattern is a perfect compliment to that color of sock yarn. Thank you for explaining your process so they would fit farther up your leg. Looks like it worked pretty well. I'll keep it in mind next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those socks are gorgeous- I love your modifications, and the yarn is gorgeous!

    Pass on my compliments to your SO for the beautiful photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your socks, and the modifications you made! I made the blackrose gloves a looong time ago, seeing your socks makes me want to pull those back out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these. Great colour pattern combo

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely gorgeous, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...