Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Submissions and Sweaters

Two weeks of reading and writing, including three 14 hours days, have resulted in my final draft for my  application. The instructions guide indicated that it takes 18 hours of work to complete the application - lying piece of paper!


I was able to do a little mindless knitting in between the last few drafts, while waiting for feedback from my boss.  I finished the body section of Wicked. It was late at night when this shot was taken, hopefully once its done I'll be able to get some good ones in the sunshine!

IMAG0354


Though it still needs blocking (and arms) I really like the way that it turned out. I added some shaping to accommodate my hips and give it more of an hourglass shape. It is a little tight around the middle, but I'm hoping that blocking with help it stretch just a little. I've heard rumors that Berraco Vintage tends to grow a little when blocked.

Initially, I was planning on doing 3/4 sleeves, but I'm leaning closer to doing short sleeves. This will give it a little more wear time for the Texas heat comes in to settle.

And I wasn't the only one with an exhausting week:
IMAG0346

2 comments:

  1. Your sweater looks great! I like the shaping you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater looks nice, but it is the last picture that is a keeper! Congratualtions on finishing the application.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...