Thursday, April 28, 2011

Leaning Rib Coffee Cozy ~Free Pattern~


Leaning Rib Coffee Cozy

About a month ago, I promised that I would post this pattern up on the blog. I submitted in to Ravelry last December after designing it as a White Elephant gift. (and I still can't convince the recipient that they weren't originally meant to be wrist warmers) 
I’m also a little bit of a coffee fiend. I love coffee to the point where it is almost addiction. (Nevermind that!) So I wanted to come up with a cozy that I could slip on to my cup to keep my hands cool and my coffee hot.

Yarn: Scrap worsted weight yarn (at least 30 yards, more depending on wanted length). I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Solid yarn.

Needles: 2  US 7 circular needles (or 4 DPNs)

Fit: Any normal coffee to‐go cup 

Directions: 
Cast on 40 stitches over your two circular needles. (Or using your favorite in‐the‐round method) 
Join in a round without twisting
Round 1&2: Knit 2, Purl 2 until end of round
Round 3&4: Purl 1, *Knit 2, Purl 2* *until end of round
Round 5&6: Purl 2, Knit 2 until end of round
Round 7&8: Knit 1, *Purl 2, Knit 2* *until end of round
Repeat Round 1‐8 until cozy is 3 inches in length.
Bind off loosely. If bind off is too tight, the cozy will not fit on the cup. Weave in ends and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. well i like it! i'd put one on my coffee and one on each wrist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try leg warmers for the next white elephant ;)

    Love the pattern! Thinking of using it to make a little case for my external hard disk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry if this is a silly question but I am a new knitter and don't understand the needle directions. Do I need 4 size 7 DPN (or one set of size 7 circular needles)? Am I understanding that correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. im using size 6 needles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the lengths of the size 7 circulars that you used?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...