Friday, March 9, 2012

FO Friday: Calorimetry and a little sweater

Shibani requested a cooler hat than the wool ones I had made for the summer time, so I whipped her up a silky wool version of Calorimetry. The ribbing doesn't have the same stretch with this yarn, so it works more like a cool bandana. Here she is being a good sport and letting me take a photo.


Next up is my version of the Springtime Baby Cardi for a baby shower for this weekend. This little thing practically flew off the needles. I finished it in less than a week and it only took one skein of Berraco Vintage. After all that the baby shower was postponed a week. Maybe I should add a hat with the extra skein of Berraco I bought...



And for Fiber Arts Friday, my spinning is vastly improving once I figured out the tension on my wheel. This is 100% peruvian wool roving from knitpicks that I've been using.  Any one know some good patterns for using thick/thin handspun?


To enjoy more Fiber Arts Friday, hop on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder and for more gorgeous FOs, stop by Tamis Amis. Happy Friday everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I think there's a Ysolda hat that uses thick and thin (possibly in an old knitty)

    Love the baby cardigan, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects, such a sweet little baby jacket! (I'm book marking this pattern.)Your spinning looks wonderful and I absolutely love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spinning looks great! I love that blue too. ;-)

    I would recommend doing a Ravelry search based on your yardage and weight... you're sure to find something there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! The baby sweater is so cute. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calorimetry is such a fun springtime pattern! I love the color you chose for yours. The spinning is looking great, too. The more of it I see on blogs, the itchier I get to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That baby sweater is just fabulous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love it when your knitting flies off your needles. I can't stand it when things take forever...I'm stuck on a forever project at the moment :(

    Lovely FO's

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cardi is so cute and I love the bandana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects and hooray for spinning. Seriously, your thick and thin yarn will look beautiful in just about any project. It really changes the look of a pattern to something even more amazing. A project where I use my handspun-v-commercial yarn always has more character. A good shawl is the Storm Cloud Shawlette and a for hats, The Journey Hat is a recent one I've used with my thick and thin. Good luck, can't wait to see what you knit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The turquoise looks good on your friend. That's a cute little sweater and a hat would be a great addition. That's pretty handspun, I like the dark color a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely fo's!
    and the handspun looks amazing!! i really like that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...