Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday: A little sweater and a little yarn

Emergency baby item in progress!  I found out that I'll be going to a baby shower on Saturday and of course I wanted to give something handmade. I'm trying to whip up a Springtime baby cardigan in time. I have some super cute dark green buttons to go with this little cardi. I'm a little worried the arms are too narrow, but my baby experience leaves a lot to be desired.


In frustration with my wheel, I pulled my drop spindle back out last night. It actually looks like yarn!!! This is the best I've done so far. I'm using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Roving. I figured it would be great for practice because its fairly inexpensive and I wouldn't feel terrible if I ruined it. Out of my 100 grams, this is the first bit I feel is really usable. I am so proud to show it off today.


Oh, and Tippy wants to say hello again. I can't resist sharing her cute pictures.
For more WIP Wednesday, make sure to check out Tami's Amis!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, how far you have got already with the baby jersey, and cute too! Love the wool, looking really good! If only I could get my spindle going....it's lying in a corner waiting for me to have enough patience to try it again :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cardigan, you are a hero doing it that fast! I love the wool you are spinning, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow spinning? that looks awesome - I really want to have a go!!!! it's a really pretty colour too. good luck with your cardigan, i'm sure it'll be great. have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby sweater is so cute! You are braver than I knitting it on a deadline:)
    The yarn you've made is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you're fast. If I have less than a month's notice for baby showers they get hats and booties. And Tippy is super cute Tellhim I said hi and give him a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute sweater -- and nearly done! Even better. Your spinning does indeed look like yarn, which is totally awesome. Good job! Also, cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read the first sentence I initially read it as "emergency baby" rather than "emergency (baby) item" if you see what I mean. It seemed very intriguing.

    I wouldn't worry about the arm size if you're getting gauge - for those of us without babies, they seem impossibly small, don't they? And I totally agree with "handmade" for the shower; Mom's always appreciate something special like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emergency baby items are always fun (and stressful lol)! Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice progress on the baby knit. The sleeves do seem a BIT narrow, but then my son was nearly 10 pounds when he was born. It will probably be fine.
    And NICE spinning. I've yet to give it a try, but when I do I know I'll be using cheaper roving as well. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your spinning looks great, I love the colour. Starting with cheaper roving is a good idea - it must make it a bit less worrying for you. The cardigan is really cute! I'm sure your friend will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet of you to whip up a cardigan in a short amount of time. It is looking great so far, especially in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Tippy is adorable and should say hello more often. Nice cardigan, it looks like it is working up pretty nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh - did you make the deadline?
    hope so!!

    and tippy is so cute!! arf arf!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...