Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Little Ninja


 We recently painted our bathroom a beautiful greyish blue a few weekends back. My old grungy hand towels are so old they're from my old college dorm room days. So, I decided to knit up a nice bright blue hand towel. It's a simple basketweave stich pattern in Sprout 100% cotton. I've never used this yarn before, but its knitting up very soft and squishy. I might end making a couple more.

I also tried out my first crochet project. I've been drooling over little amigurimi for a while now. Here is my first attempt at making a little ninja.


For more WIP Wednesday, check out Tamis Amis!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, amigurumi ninja?! So cute! Can't wait to see him progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea to knit hand-towels. My only concern would probably be not letting anyone use them because of all the effort?!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blue - it's going to give you a lift every time you glance over at it. And that little ninja? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, that ninja is adorable. He probably doesn't want to be adorable; he probably wants to be fierce. Tough luck, ninja. You're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, such a cute ninja! Your cotton yarn looks much softer than the cotton I've been working with. I may have to try to brand you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ninja cuteness! (Hmm... never typed that before!) But seriously, he's adorable. And the towel is looking great, too. I'm a recent fan of knit stuff for the kitchen. It's SO functional, and it looks great too. Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting hand towels is a great idea! I've been meaning to get around to making some for my kitchen, but haven't quite gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color! My kitchen is a greyish blue and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pattern of the little ninja! I'd love to see the finished one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made that little ninja and it was great fun, he was soon stolen from me though (or else he disappeared himself into the night), love the colour of your hand towel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The basket weave pattern is perfect for the towel, looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful hand towel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see the finished ninja! The towel looks great also. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...